This is the accessibility statement for the Fairdata Etsin online service (etsin.fairdata.fi). The accessibility requirements for the online service are based on the Act on the Provision of Digital Services (306/2019).
Measures to support accessibility
CSC – IT Center for Science takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of the Fairdata Etsin online service:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
Accessibility status of the service
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Based on self-assessment, Fairdata Etsin online service is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the Fairdta Etsin online service, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for the Fairdata Etsin online service:
- 2.1.1 Keyboard: All page functionality is available using the keyboard, but the datasets availability state modal can’t be recognized and read out by Voiceover.
- 2.4.7 Focus visible: The filter doesn’t have focus indicators when navigating through the keyboard.
- 3.3.2 labels or instructions: The language selection is missing an aria-label.
We are working on resolving these issues. Please contact our service desk if you encounter an issue.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Fairdata Etsin online service is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- The latest version of the Chrome browser with assistive technology VoiceOver on the latest version of the macOS X operating system
- The latest version of the Safari browser with assistive technology VoiceOver on the latest version of the macOS X operating system
- The latest version of the Chrome browser with assistive technology NVDA on the latest version of the Windows 10 operating system
- The latest version of the Firefox browser with assistive technology NVDA on the latest version of the Windows 10 operating system
Accessibility of the Fairdata Etsin online service relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Next steps for improving the accessibility
Next steps for improving the accessibility in the Fairdata Etsin online service will be to review all known deficiencies and determine how, or whether, they can be resolved in a reasonable manner, giving priority to issues according to known or greatest likely impact to users.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the Fairdata Etsin. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on the Fairdata Etsin:
- Phone: +358 9 457 2821
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Visitor address: https://research.csc.fi/support
If you encounter any problems with accessibility on the website, first send your feedback to us, the service administrator. We will respond to your feedback within 14 days.
If you are not satisfied with the response you have received from us, or if our response does not arrive within 14 days, you may file a complaint with the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland.
Contact details of the supervisory authority
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Accessibility monitoring unit
Phone (switchboard): +358 (0)295 016 000
Release and update information
This accessibility statement was originally published on 22 September 2020 and last updated on 22 September 2020.
The Fairdata Etsin service was originally launched 11 December 2014.