AVAA is an open data publishing platform for research data. AVAA furthers the availability of research data in different disciplines.
Anyone can access and use the data on the AVAA platform. AVAA offers applications for the use of open data, such as downloading and analysis by means of different visualizations.
Adding new datasets and applications to the AVAA service takes place at the expense of the customer (starting from 1.1.2021). Applications can be implemented by customers themselves or in cooperation with CSC. The maintenance of the service is subject to a fee and the costs are agreed between the customer and CSC annually in accordance with CSC’s service price list in force at the time.
You can request that your dataset and application be hosted in the renewed AVAA portal by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go to AVAA applications:
- Paituli – Spatial data download service
- SmartSMEAR – Visualization and download tool for the SMEAR (Station for Measuring Ecosystem-Atmosphere Relations) research stations of the University of Helsinki
Old AVAA applications, not available in AVAA any more after 31st December 2020:
- CBIG Global Protected Area Network and CBIG Carnivores sites.
- Kotus Language Atlas. Datasets will be transferred to Etsin. (link will be available later)
- OpenFire. Dataset can be found from Etsin through University of Helsinki web pages.
- OpenStreetMap Finland API. HSL provides similar API. The GeoServer styles and automatic data update scripts used in AVAA are available in Github.
- Distribution of books in Finland before 1850. Dataset will be transferred to Etsin. (link will be available later)
All available source codes can be found under AVAA in GitHub.
CSC customer support
+358 9 457 2821
Weekdays from 8:30 AM to 4 PM
AVAA is produced by CSC – IT Center for Science Ltd.