The Fairdata services are available to the research community in accordance with the applicable use policy. The services are free of charge for the organisations and users, as defined in the agreement between the Ministry of Education and Culture of Finland (“Minedu”) and CSC, and in the service use policies. The organisation and user utilising the services, are responsible for ensuring that the material transferred to the Fairdata services is is done within the rights entitling it to be processed as described in the Service Description and Privacy Statement.
An exception to open availability is the Digital Preservation Service for Research Data, which is subject to a separate contract process. The contract about the Digital Preservation Service for Research Data service is made between the partner organisation and CSC and it describes the duties and responsibilities related to the service usage, administration, development and collaboration. The following usage documents describe how and under what conditions the other services can be taken into use.
Fairdata Use Policies
- IDA Use Policy, in Finnish
- Etsin and Metax Use Policy, in Finnish (PDF)
- Qvain Use Policy, in Finnish (PDF)
- AVAA Use Policy
- Fairdata Auxiliary Service Use Policy, in Finnish (PDF)
Taking the services in use in organisations
- Taking IDA and Qvain in use, in Finnish
- Metax integrations for organisation, in Finnish
- Becoming a partner organisation with the Digital Preservation Service for Research data