This is the accessibility statement for the Fairdata.fi website. The accessibility requirements for the Fairdata.fi website are based on the Act on the Provision of Digital Services (306/2019).
Measures to support accessibility
CSC – IT Center for Science takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of the Fairdata.fi website:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
Accessibility status of the website
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Based on self-assessment, Fairdata.fi website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the Fairdata.fi website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Fairdata.fi website:
- 1.2.2 Captions (Prerecorded) (A): Captions for pre-recorded videos are missing because the current videos have synchronized English captions with Finnish audio. We provide video transcripts. Please contact our service desk through feedback form or number if you encounter an issue.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Fairdata.fi website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- The latest version of the Chrome browser with assistive technology VoiceOver on the latest version of the macOS X operating system
- The latest version of the Safari browser with assistive technology VoiceOver on the latest version of the macOS X operating system
- The latest version of the Chrome browser with assistive technology NVDA on the latest version of the Windows 10 operating system
Accessibility of the Fairdata.fi website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Next steps for improving the accessibility
Next steps for improving the accessibility in the Fairdata.fi website will be to adding missing captions for pre-recorded videos.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the Fairdata.fi website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Fairdata.fi website:
If you encounter any problems with accessibility on the website, first send your feedback to us, the website administrator. We will respond to your feedback within 14 days.
If you are not satisfied with the response you have received from us, or if our response does not arrive within 14 days, you may file a complaint with the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland.
Contact details of the supervisory authority
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Accessibility monitoring unit
Phone (switchboard): +358 (0)295 016 000
Release and update information
This accessibility statement was published on 18 August 2020 and last updated on 8 September 2020.
This website was launched on 14 June 2018.