This is the accessibility statement for the Fairdata IDA online service (ida.fairdata.fi). The accessibility requirements for the online service are based on the Act on the Provision of Digital Services (306/2019).
Measures to support accessibility
CSC – IT Center for Science takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of the Fairdata IDA online service:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
Accessibility status of the service
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Based on self-assessment, Fairdata IDA online service is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the Fairdata IDA online service, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for the Fairdata IDA online service:
- 2.1.1 Keyboard (A): Keyboard access may not be supported by default on Firefox. The focus order doesn’t follow a logical sequence. Firefox accessibility issues with tabs is known issue needing special manual configuration. Please consult the documentation for your browser regarding optimal accessibility settings. We highly suggest you to visit IDA with browser Chrome.
- 2.4.1 Bypass Blocks (A): The skip link is not the first focusable control on the Web page.
- 2.4.6 Headings and Labels (AA): Some buttons do not have labels.
- 2.4.7 Focus Visible (AA): No visual focus indicator available when focusing on focusable elements.
The main reasons for non-compliance are due to Fairdata IDA service being reliant upon third-party services. As an alternative way to interact with the service, we provide IDA’s command line tools to use IDA. Although some actions require the use of IDA’s graphical interface, such as freeze files, unfreeze files, and delete files, use of the command line tools can avoid the majority of issues listed above. Meanwhile, we are working on resolving these issues. Please contact our service desk if you encounter an issue.
Some browsers on particular platforms do not automatically support all accessibility features when using the default browser settings, but require certain manual settings to be configured to enable particular accessibility features. Please refer to the official documentation for your browser and platform in order to enable the desired accessibility features.
Users with accessibility limitations who need to freeze files in staging, or unfreeze or delete frozen files, may contact the service desk to request that the freeze, unfreeze, or delete action be performed by the IDA support staff on their behalf.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Fairdata IDA is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- The latest version of the Chrome browser with assistive technology VoiceOver on the latest version of the macOS X operating system
- The latest version of the Safari browser with assistive technology VoiceOver on the latest version of the macOS X operating system
- The latest version of the Chrome browser with assistive technology NVDA on the latest version of the Windows 10 operating system
Accessibility of the Fairdata IDA online service relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Next steps for improving the accessibility
Next steps for improving the accessibility in the Fairdata IDA online service will be to review all known deficiencies and determine how, or whether, they can be resolved in a reasonable manner, giving priority to issues according to known or greatest likely impact to users.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the Fairdata IDA online service. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on the Fairdata IDA online service:
- Phone: +358 9 457 2821
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback form: https://research.csc.fi/support
If you encounter any problems with accessibility in the service, first send your feedback to us, the service administrator. We will respond to your feedback within 14 days.
If you are not satisfied with the response you have received from us, or if our response does not arrive within 14 days, you may file a complaint with the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland.
Contact details of the supervisory authority
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Accessibility monitoring unit
Phone (switchboard): +358 (0)295 016 000
Release and update information
This accessibility statement was originally published on 8 September 2020 and last updated on 16 December 2020.
The Fairdata IDA service was originally launched 3 July 2018.